Worst Cell Phone Sponsor

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Worst Cell Phones - Applie iPhone - Price Drop Coming?


OK, so the "I Love Apple, I got an iPhone first, look at my stupid Apple sticker on my new VW Bug" crowd will murder me for this, but I think the iPhone is a stupid piece of cellcaca.

I watched a friend recently hold his up in his left hand while he slid objects around on the glass face with his right hand finger tip - "See how cool it is!" he bubbled.

Sure. How well does that work in sunlight? While driving? Without your glasses? What a neat two handed cell phone! Why not get a full size keyboard and monitor to go with your phone? Then you can really enjoy the multi media extravaganza!

Call me the anti-Apple Luddite, but I don't get the hubbub. Besides, was that worth the $799 - no wait, 599 - um I mean 399 you paid for it?

And now a little story today I have heard a half dozen people mention, Apple may be forced to drop the prices of the iPhone to meet Steve-O's 10 million phone sales in 2008 goal.

And one price being bandied about is a sub-200 price point, say 199.99 (with ATT activation, tax, title and license not included, some offers not valid in all states, offer void where prohibited by law)?

But wait there's more in the iPhone news today? App-el has a problem with ATT authorized phones strangely becoming "unlocked" and not showing up on ATT's activation list - about 1.7 mill-yun subscribers. Apple picks up a cool ten percent of the fees for each activation. Where'd dat money go?

Soooo.. if you are looking to get a new phone it might bode well to wait a few months?

I know I have to. My wife wants me to get her one. And now you know why this cellperson is a bit peeved today!

No comments: