Worst Cell Phone Sponsor

Monday, January 21, 2008

Worst Cell Phones I Have Owned - Nokia 3560




Early in 2006, my phone took a dive, shattered and I had to dig out an old cell phone until a replacement arrived. (Thankfully, all of my phones in the past few years have been GSM so swapping the SIM card has not been a problem - I do not know what I would do when my Verizon CDMA Blackberry dies. Shudder).

Rummaging through my old phones, I resorted to using this hideous contraption once more - the Nokia 3560.

The 3560 was ahead of its time - on another planet of dysfunctional Scandinavians. What a piece of caca this gem was.

What stood out was the horrible and completely useless circular dial pad. The mechanics were bad enough but the ergonomics were worse. Did anyone at Nokia think "Quality Control" when they rolled out the first plastics on this monster?

The plastics were amazingly cheap and thin and the back cover was prone to breaking when replacing or moving the SIM card.

The strange hand held design made the phone impossible to carry in a pocket forcing the owner to carry the equally ugly holster when out and about.

Finally, the camera was hard to use and made this annoying sound when once clicked images.

A 3560 owning friend threw his into the Gulf of Mexico during a particular fit of rage. Fortunately for cell phone history, I kept mine. Ain't it a beauty?

No comments: